Social Organization for Voluntary Action (SOVA) is a product of a social order, which envisages to ensure social justice & empowerment of under privileged and the underserved rural population of Dhenkanal district, Odisha, a typical example of process induced poverty and under development and somewhere below in the HDI list of the state witnessed us to formation of a Society in the year 1989 by a group of like-minded dedicated youths of the locality and this organization was legalized under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 on dated 19.09.1992 .
SOVA is a non-political, non-sectarian, voluntary and charitable organization under Societies registration Act XXI of 1860. It is located at Kasipada (Ranapasi) of Gengutia post in Dhenkanal district, Odisha, India 759013. Presently intervention area of SOVA includes Dhenkanal, Angul and Balasore districts of the state.
- To provide Primary Health Care Services to rural people.
- To take up welfare activities for women and children
- To conduct training, survey & research programme on Health and sanitation
- To take up environmental issues
- To take steps to eradicate child labour
- To take up women and children nutritional issues
- To energize the youth and adolescents for participation in nation building
- To create opportunities for enhancement of livelihoods opportunities
- To assist rural population in planning their own development
- To undertake awareness generation project for the underserved people of the society.
- To enhance quality of life of tribal living in remote areas and also migrated to urban settlements
- To promote handicraft programmes and artisan welfare programmes
- To encourage thrift and credit activities, especially among women
- To encourage rural sports, drama and other cultural aspects in the village level
- To manage Crèche centers, Agro Service Centers
- To educate village level forums for protection of flora and fauna